Saturday, March 14, 2015

PLEASE COME HOME by unknown - a very touching poem for a lost brother






PLEASE  COME  HOME

by  unknown


Please come home,
I miss you so.
More then you could,
Possibly know.

Things have changed,
Since you've been gone.
No one to talk to
And no shoulder to cry on.

Our family and your friends
We all cried so much.
We miss you and your laugh
You're voice and soft touch.

I miss you and your smile.
I could add to this list,
Of everything I miss,
But there's no end, it doesn't exist.

I wish I could see you,
Just one last chance,
To see you smile,
Even if its just a glance.

I wish I could tell you
How much you meant to me
Just one last time,
Before you were set free.

Your life was too short
You had so much to live for
You were just eighteen,
And had places to explore.

Mom isn't the same
Without you in her life.
The emptiness in her eyes
Contains so much pain and strife.

Daddy has been drinking
He tries to forget,
What happened that day.
He drinks and smokes cigarettes.

It doesn't work though,
He just can't forget you.
He misses you so much,
And I do too.


Our brother is so sad
He can't cope with the pain.
A place in his heart,
Is where you'll always remain.

My sister, and your twin,
Still remains silent.
She lost her other half,
And seems so angry and violent


As for me, you're my idol
I just don't understand.
Why did you have to leave
Is it what God planned ?

You have a place in my heart
I love you now, I love you still
I always have
And always will

I admire your strength
I admire your smile
I admire how you made
So many lives worthwhile.

The last breath you took,
You had a smile on your face.
And with that, I thank God
You're in a better place.